Pages

Friday 13 March 2015

Divine State of Flux

Dress: Zara Jumper: French Connection Coat: H&M Shoes: Converse
 
We are currently in the period of weather that is in a constant state of flux. The bright sunny mornings tease us with the promise of a productive and joyful day til' we step outside and the grey clouds force their way over to block the sun's rays.
 
Currently I feel as if I am feeling this state of changed states and uncertainty within myself. Some day's I feel motivated and enthusiastic about my work but then, like the dark clouds, these feelings are overshadowed by the worry that I don't have a clue what I'm doing! I'm definitely aware that I'm someone who has many different interests and wants to pursue all of them at once, but over time I've come to learn that everyone at every age is still 'figuring it out', it's just a part of being on this journey called life and so long as we seize each day (carpe that diem, right!?) we can at least get to the end of each sunny or cloudy day with a conscious sense of gratitude.
 
With this outfit I think I found a steady balance and it felt very 'me'. A casual grey, slightly preppy jumper over a drop waist dress and a longer oversized coat to add length. Using contrasting layers adds interest to an outfit as well as playing with ideas of concealing and revealing. So here's to still figuring it out and days filled with gratitude, both cloudy and sunny.
 


 
 

1 comments: